Thursday, February 11, 2010

Food...Crafts...life

Now, all of you who have seen Heidi Sturtecant's cards will think this one is 100% PATHETIC! I don't mind if you do, I just tried something fun. I individually cut out each sandwich and bannana, and plate, and bag of chips, etc. Tiny work, but very fun!
(notice the salad sticking out of the sandwich. :)
This is the inside of the card~On the top.
Now, I am making a Chinese dish for dinner tonight. The ingredients in THIS particular bowl will be unknown to my readers, for one reason. If you want to try the recipe then I will tell you. ;-p
It is a mix of spices, sugar, soy sauce, water, etc. I mixed it up and put it aside.
Sloppy, slimy, slippery meat. Gross, until you see what it makes! ;-p
Peanuts jumping into the pan.
I know, the hands belong to Papa, (he was getting hungry) so he decided to help, and make things go faster. :-p
We are cutting green onions..
Green Onions in with the browned pork loin...
next, I poured the sauce in that i made from the begining, and let it thicken for about a minute. Mmmmmm! Smell'in good there! ;-p
The rice...And sorry, it MUST be white for this recipe to taste absolutely delicious. :)
A close up on the meat, nice thick/thin sauce with the pork and onions make this a wonderful Chinese meal! Just as long as you don't make me use chop sticks.
The whole 9 yards of it. Yummmm!
Now, of all of the plates of food who's would I choose? *Guess again* *nope, try again* Papa's of course! He piles it high enough to make a miniature Mt. Saint Helen's! Now, you may think that he would dump the rest of the salad and other sides on the same plate....well you are wrong! Papa, and his family following him, do NOT mix food. If the main dish takes up all of the room, we either get another plate, or have the sides after the good stuff. :-p
Hope all was fun, enjoyable, and interesting!
I have a fun saying from an Amish cookbook, which reads~
"The best place to find a helping hand, is at the end of your arm."
Another one reads~
"When a man does the dishes it is called helping; when a woman does the dishes it is called life."
~Jessica

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jessica,
That looks SO yummy. You need to email me the recipe, please! :)

Mrs. Bradley