Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BREAD MADE BEAUTIFUL

Note: a single batch of 'beer bread' only calls for one bottle of beer, but I am making a double. :) And no, your kids will NOT get tipsy on it. :p Trust me. :)
First you pour the beer into a bowl, and let it fizz for a while.
Pour the beer in, till the very, very, very last drop. Because you know, every drop counts! ;p
Then add 4 TBS of sugar into the beer, and make sure one of your kiddos are around, they will be fascinated what the beer does when you pour the sugar in. :)
(P.S. Yes, I know, it looks like I am pouring a cup of sugar in, but to tell the truth, it is really only one TBS! *chuckle* Oh for the trickery of photography!)
Set the 'sugar beer' aside, then mix in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and.....
Create a avalanche!!!!
Now don't worry, the mixture WILL BE lumpy and awful looking. It's just the way it is. It's not the cook. It's not just you. You are not tired. You are not wierd.............. Yes, I know, I am the illuminator of all worry!! hip hip!
Lumpy mass, get ready to be beautiful!
While we were waiting for the oven to do it's work, I snapped a picture of my helper and I. (those blue eyes! Man, he sure is cute!)
My heart leaped as the timer said, "DING!"  I raced over to the oven and pulled the door open, to reveal a lovely loaf of beer bread. *sniff* Oh man, if this is not a good loaf of bread...I don't know what is!


(as always, exact recipe is available. )

No comments: