Monday, May 31, 2010

Experimenting....again

I am not sure what Saturdays are like for you, but ours are filled with getting ready for the next day, the LORD's day. I usually end up cooking, which I love to do, and this time I tried an experiment with.....leaves. Ya, it might seem weird, but I was really happy with the out-come. I painted the rose leaf, which I washed, don't worry, with melted chocolate, then put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes. After this, I peeled the leaf off, slowly, and then this majestic chocolate leaf was revealed. You can see every detail in the leaf, it was amazing!


Okay, I messed this one up...but it is still cool never-the-less. :)
Then I placed the 'leaves' in a flower formation on a brownie cake thing I made. Along with some swirls.
I had originally wanted to make a rose with fondant, and then have the leaf on the side...but I did not have that much time. :)
More later!

1 comment:

AndraLea Rose said...

That looks great, Jessica! I wish I could have seen it in person on Sunday before they put it to the knife. :) Mom said it was beautiful and tasted really good!!

Keep up the fun experiments, this is really clever!
~AndraLea