Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Espresso Muffins

 (Above) The cast of Ingredients are here to make something, amazing. Welcome them with a hearty applause...
(Below) Mix dry stuff. Simple...but we're not done there! :o)
 Next, start with a sparkly clean bowl, and be prepared to get a little messy!
 Pour that good ol' milk in...
 Then add in the. . . coffee. *Yum!*
 And the butter.
 wow- though you might think this is a gross photo, I think it is cool. It is the egg falling into the batter. It was pretty hard to get this photo because I am only one person cooking, and I want to take a picture of the egg falling, and I want to get it just right. Ha, ha. So there I am cracking and dropping only the egg, in my left hand, while timing and taking the photo of it falling in my right. Pretty talented if you ask me!
 Same drill here.
(This is the vanilla. :)
 Add all of that juicy stuff together, then mix it in the dry ingredients.
P.S. I like how the mixers are chopping the batter. :) Pretty cool.
 Ha ha ha, funny story here. The recipe called for small chocolate chips, and I only had normal ones. So what do you do, but crush them. Right. Well, I was standing there banging on the chips, and when I went to pick up the bag, the wooden cutting board split in threes! Crazy! I did not know I was banging that hard! ;p


Mix that stuff up with the much earned chocolate chips, and put them in pans. 
By the way, if you are wondering who gets that big fat daddy one in the middle, it's not me. Nope, sad but true. It is my PAPA! I always will give him the biggest one. Comes naturally. . . 


 Here are a few photos I took when the muffins came out-
 LOVE this photo. It is a heart. <3 -how sweet.
 And *drum roll now* The muffins are DONE! *hip hip* Don't ask me what I think about them. . . . nope, I won't say! . . . well, I guess I could! I think they're fantastic! Absolutely spectacular! Well, looking. I don't think I've had a whole one yet. :P Can't wait though!

And the cook! Yes, I know, it isn't the best. But, it'll have to do! P.S. notice my wonderful brother there in the background. Yep, he's a lively one. :p
 Thanks for reading! And have a happily splendid, and joyous day!
Your friend,
JessicaCynthia



THE RECIPE
Yes, I decided to be nice and give Y'all the recipe. Thank me later. :)


ESPRESSO MUFFINS
Only for the best of people

Muffins~
2C flour _3/4 C Sugar _ 2-1/2 tsp baking powder _ 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt _ 1C milk _ 2 TBS instant coffee granules _ 1/2 butter melted _ 1 egg 
_ 1 tsp Vanilla extract _ 3/4 C miniature semisweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until granules are dissolved. Add butter, egg and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in Chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two thirds full. Bake at 375` for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
 

4 comments:

michaela mack said...

I think those are some really cool photos Jess! Oh and love the knew background. <3

~kayla

Lisa said...

Espresso muffins...I just might have to try these some Monday morning. :) Love your artsy pictures! ~Mrs. S

Jessica Purvis said...

I just LOVE your pictures of the cinnamon sticks and coffee beans! A coffee shop should buy them from you and use it as advertising, they're so great! That's my type of photography right there! :)

Jessica~

JessicaCynthia said...

Awww, thanks you guys! Your opinion means a whole lot to me, and I'm sure happy I have friends like you to help, and encourage me in my photography. :)
Kayla- I'm glad you liked them- -and the new look. :)
Mrs. S- sure! Try them when-ever you want!
Jess- wow- I am SO thrilled that you think I could actually sell these! Joy and cheer filled my heart when I read your words! I really value your opinion, as an expert photographer, and friend. :) Thanks. <3