Friday, March 11, 2011

What it takes for a girl to pack for California-

We are leaving in three days. Monday to be exact, and man does the packing pile up...Especially if your a gal. You need oh-so-much stuff when you're traveling. Why? Well, there are a lot of reasons why. You need tons of cute clothes, and extra outfits...just in case. 




Yes, it does get a little messy...But you have to try everything on, and don't want to put it away...yet.
AND you need CUTE, BIG bags. Like this- 

THEN, you need these- 
And you cannot even leave the house without this- 

Since there is so much stuff to keep track of, you need a list...like this, which describes every piece of clothing you are bringing. And it even includes your purse, and flip-flops. :p

And while you are packing, you need to label each outfit. (because there are so many...)
Yes, I'm a girl. I'm actually a %100 girlie-girl, and I'm proud of it! But that does not mean that I'm not a country, girl. Because I am. I love the out doors, I love tractors, I love cowgirl hats, I love the sound of a diesel truck, and I love my Papa's farmers tan. Just don't give me the spiders, and I'll be fine. :) I'm half and half, but for today....I'm a beach gal, packing for California.

3 comments:

~Christina said...

Haha! You'll have so much fun, I am so jealous of you all going to Disneyland for the first time! It's so amazing, you will all have an absolute BLAST. ;o)

I like your mess of clothes on the floor; I'm almost 24 and I STILL have trouble not doing that, and I share my bedroom with Jeff....heh-heh....

You should watch Rick Steve's travel show or read one of his books on how to pack lightly and tightly (tips on rolling clothes up etc.); it really helps when planning a trip, without leaving all the cute things at home! ;) When I was in high school I went to the East coast for 10 days, and had the smallest bag of all my classmates, it made me very proud of myself. ;oP

JessicaCynthia said...

Thanks Christina. You're so sweet! Ya, I know, I think I will be just like you, and still have a problem with keeping clothes on the floor. ;o) Oh well....adds color to the floor though, right?
That travel show sounds neat, and definitely worth my while. Since we are not flying with South West, we have to carry on all of our baggage. Stinks. When we fly with South West we get to check baggage for free...but other air lines don't do that I guess. So...ya, I'll need to pack "lightly," or should I say...compound. ;p
You're a great friend Christina, I am always happy and over-joyed to read your sweet comments. :) <3
See you Sunday!
~Jessica

~Christina said...

Wow, that's frustrating that you have to carry all of your baggage! At least you've got "landscaping muscles" to lift all that cargo, huh? ;o)

Well you are a great friend too Jessica, and I love reading your blog posts; you are such an enthusiastic, positive and Godly young woman, and you always seem to write from your heart, which I love! Never stop being yourself, that's a very important thing to remember, no matter how old you are.

See you Sunday! :)