Monday, April 4, 2011

Live like you are dying

I have just added a new song on my blog, that you should definitely take the time to listen to and think about. This song came out right when my Grandpa Koch found out that he had cancer, and I really try to take it to heart.  Life is too short to hold grudges, and be angry. If you have children, spend all of the time you can have with them, and pour your love on them, because you will not have this time forever. The same goes for children to their siblings and parents. I remember my Papa telling me last summer to jump in the river, and I really did not want to because I had JUST washed my hair and styled it, and I did not want to change, and I would have to take a shower after I did. Then my wise Papa told me, "You will not have this day again. In a few years you will look back on this day and would wish that you had made the most out of it." He was right, and I jumped in, and had a whole lot of fun...and you know what? I remembered that day, and cherish it.
So take the time to listen to this song, and really think about it, because life is the most colorful and joyful, if you live like you're dying.

2 comments:

Josh V. said...

Great post Jessica. It really helps to slow down and think about what we have sometimes, and the opportunities that may never come back around.

JessicaCynthia said...

Yeah, that's right.