Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Home made pumpkin pie


My Papa planted these sweet meat pumpkins so that one of us girls could make him a pie with them like my Grandma used to do. I've never made pumpkin pie before. Even from a can. So I decided to attempt a pumpkin pie for my Papa. :)

Here's the pumpkin-

 -it has such a beautiful color and smoothness to it.
 There are several ways of cooking pumpkin. You can either bake it, microwave it, or steam it. I definately did not want to microwave it, and baking it can take moisture out of it if you don't put it in water (or so I've heard) so I decided to steam it. It didn't take that long actually.  It got to the point to where the skin litterally fell off the meat.

 Then I pureed it with this dandy thing.
 Super smooth, and beautiful!
 Then I put in a cup of sugar, 1 Tsp of all spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a half tsp of ginger to 3 cups of puree.
 Sugar and spice....
 Then a can and a half of condensed milk.
 Mix that up!
 Make pie dough.



No comments: