Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Recent crafts.



Sunshine
I made this sunshine wall decoration with some scrap wood I found down at the barn. It was pretty simple, and absolutely fun. It was sort of one of those crafts where you don't know exactly what you're doing, (or 'going' to do) but you just dive on in anyhow. Hardly a thing you can mess up.
I just cut the boards to the same length, and nailed thin pieces of wood across the back to hold it all together. Next, the only things that I needed was masking tape, and paint! (paint brush obviously)
So..pretty self explanatory...

I pretty much only had two colors (and white) that I liked, so I just mixed them up for different colored 'rays.'

 This is where I set it up. I absolutely love having this in my room! Since I live in the GNW, where we have a long rainy winter, I have so much joy when I look at my "very own sun" in my island room. :)
Speaking of sunshine-


-here is another project I tried out. 
With this one, I modge-podged yellow and white striped paper onto a board, then 'hand cut out' (this is when I really, really, really wish I had a cricut!) all the letters and placed them on the paper. Next, I took it outside and spray painted it cream. (the only spray paint I had on hand. Otherwise I would have chosen a brighter color. ) Since the words were kind of "blending in" I had to trace them with metallic paint. (which I unashamedly did with one of my knitting needles.)
I like how the picture it's self sort of...shines. As if it were actually sunshine. :)

                                      Earring organizer

This was sort of a last minute craft. I had earrings everywhere! In my purse, in the bathroom, in one of the 'millions' of boxes of jewelry, on my tables in my room, etc! It was a mess I was definitely going to fix. Problem- I only had the fabric. *ug*   So I tromped around our whole property in the rain, looking for the right piece of junk to transform. I found many, but I found that they were all too heavy. I wanted something light, that's easy to hang. So...I found one of those black plastic trays that you carry flowers in. (You know the kind I'm talking about?) This project, seriously only took me 5 minutes TOPS. (then 10 minutes to find  all my earrings.) I just turned the tray upside down,  then hot glued the fabric to it. Wa-la. It's not the cutest thing in the world, so I was thinking eventually writing on it, or doing some kind of stencil. (?) But for now...It's an excellent thing to have! 

I could even put studs on there! :)







Art

Quite honestly, I'm definitely still a beginner where art is concerned. I've never had lessons before, so I don't know all the techniques and all that you would need to know to draw. But, I hope you'll enjoy my efforts!  
This picture below I drew free hand, (except I used cups and bowls for the circles. ) and then painted. Mostly with a knitting needle. I was thinking about framing it in a round silver frame, eventually.  
 This is a crazy card I doodled all over for my best friend's 17th birthday! I love working with sharpies.


 I've taken a love to drawing portraits lately. This one is my favorite.




 Crafts...They are my one weakness.

No comments: