Friday, July 5, 2013

"Vacation at home"

Goodness, gracious me. I haven't posted in such a long time, that I've almost forgotten what happened! I deserve that though, I guess. One month without posting is terrible. And with the way I take photos, it's unreal how many posts could stack up. So, let's start getting on with the post then...   :)

My parents packed up a swimming suit and headed for the air port. (well, I should say, at least my Dad did. My Mother took a week to pack. It's a woman thing, I guess. :) All guys need is food, it seems, when Women can't live without the 5 suit cases of "essentials." Raise your hand if you're one of those gals. *raise hand* - you know who you are. :))
Their plane landed in a tropical place, with white sandy beaches, clear blue waves, and a beach chair. Destination: Cancun, Mexico.
They had the time of their lives for nine days, while us kids...well...let me show you---






My Mother-- Is. The. Most. Amazing. Person. Queen. Mother. Friend....in the whole wide world.  Check out her list for us! -Who does that, but the best of Mothers?!?!?

Look at the depth of this photo. (above)
Have any of you had Ebelskivers? They are served in heaven, I'm sure. Deliciousness, it's self.



The Leaman family is so dear, and close to my heart. They invited us all over to their house for dinner, after which we had devotions, played games, and took a drive out in the Wild Life Refuge.


They are so incredibly kind to us!




You wonder how kids can get so messy "just eating a marshmallow.." Well, here are pictures to show you--


There you go! Wipe off your marshmallow hands in the grass. Brilliant!


I made a little "Easter Egg hunt" for the kids. They had a blast!!!



Lovin' the tongue Jacob.












Of all people, who do you think had a snake in his basket? Easy; Levi.






Nickolas was in heaven. In his mind, there is nothing, (repeat: nothing) in the whole world better than an Egg Hunt.






Before the race:


As most of you most likely know, Caitlin and I undertook a big surprise for my parents before they got back home. Everything was taken out of place and re-organized, in ready for painting.









What was before:









We stayed up late painting as we watched "Bleak House."




One of the "new" things we got for them:


AND... it's FINISHED!!!! *ta-da*



Some more new things we got for them:






Really beautiful, if I'm allowed to say so myself...  :) Caitlin and I were both very pleased with the final product, and are so happy to have done this for the parents who do everything for us.


So, this pretty much sums up the "vacation at home." It was such a bonding time with my siblings, and it reminded me how much parents are vitally important in a child's life. Thanks be to God for them!!

Thanks for reading,
Jessica

2 comments: