Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Cleaning.

I don't know if y'all will think that it's strange posting on cleaning your house, but it is something that we do everyday, and it's a pretty amazing thing. I love it. I truly, truly do. Spring has come, and so deep cleaning has come around too. (I think it's interesting that we would have something such as "spring cleaning" when in reality, we deep clean a whole lot more than just in the spring. --or, I would hope we do. :)) Since our lovely little boys contribute to most of the dirt smudges, spills, and foot prints on our floor, it's only fair, right, and beautiful that they should clean it up. Though, in reality, it would be done much faster and efficiently to just do it yourself, but building character is important. These boys will know how to mop a floor. And, not be the least bit ashamed. (their future wives will be thankful. :))


I made quite the event of it actually. It was just the boys and I at home at the time, so we. had. a. party. (a cleaning party, yes, but still...) I got them all in swimming trunks, armed them with a scrubber, and let them have at it. We had our loud music on, which was drowned by the laughter. They had the time of their lives! Evidence of boys enjoying household chores--here:




They got pretty silly with stunts, and competitions. But of course. If they didn't want to compete...I'd be a little worried there.


I threw all of the chairs, and benches...and basically anything I could into the mayhem. They scrubbed those things down!  Complete washroom, right here.

Then I gave them towels to tie to their feet, and they had to walk around the whole room, until the floor was dry. They basically turned it into "tag" and exhibited much talent with the way they ran around the room with feet tied. It seriously made my day.
Jacob got smart..
This photo makes it...I'll be honest, actually look dirty still. --It's not! Trust me. This floor was crying for joy, it had never been so spotless.
Me and my best friends...I'll be honest: we don't look a picture, but we didn't care so much that we wouldn't take a picture. :) -Untangle that mess of words. (:
Onto that living room...
ALL of the furniture was moved, and piled into the middle of the room. Yes....it was a beautiful mess! The mess leading to cleanliness..
Raise your hand if the floor under your couch gets...uh, absolutely repulsive. Underneath the couch, is like our local lost and found. It's like digging up your potatoes...you never know what you might find...
Even if we do it once a week, the dust wants to crawl under there twice as fast, just to laugh at us. I'm sure of it. But, this thing is normal, folks. It happens, and everyone silently understands.Except me...I loudly understand. :)

That ends the cleaning photos. I just got too busy cleaning that I forgot to take more photos. :) How did that happen?...
I rewarded myself with the most amazing dessert in my life. (I think it's funny how people "reward" themselves after they have done something. It reminds me of rewarding a dog after he has done a trick. It's hilarious, and so normal. :))   Greek yogurt with honey, topped with granola, cranberries, raisins, dates, and figs.  -I'm pretty sure they eat this in heaven. Because whenever I eat this, I fee like being a good person. :) -yes, yes I do.




Thus ends my beautiful post. Kids, cleaning, and yogurt. --they make me rapturous.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love a clean house ... lived in but clean.