Friday, May 22, 2009

Christian Heritage Conference 2009

Christian Heritage Conference 2009


Youth choir
Caitlin and Jessica in the middle. Also, a few Sturdevant girls and Mack girls.

Caitlin and Jessica were in the choir for the first time last year. They had a great time and were really looking forward to this year. They sounded so great and you could tell while they were singing that they were having a great time.

We took the WHOLE family this year. 9 of us in 1 hotel room for 2 days. The little ones did so well. It was like being in church for 10 hours a day for 2 days. The only thing was that after each session Levi thought (like at church) it was time to go play. We lost him a few times and in a building this huge it was a little fun trying to find him. Jacob was the most difficult, he wanted to give his opinion through the speaking sessions.
The conference was very encouraging and challenging at the same time. I came away recharged but also convicted to teach more of the important things that my children MUST have to fulfill their particular callings. I also came away convicted to be more diligent in what I am already doing. I think the biggest thing that hit me is that I have a 15 year old daughter who will not be around much longer and I still have so much I want to teach her and share with her. My time is short. I must use every minute wisely to give her what she will need to become a Godly helper to her husband. May the Lord give me the strength and wisdom to guide her and ALL of the belssings he has given me.



No comments: