Thursday, May 7, 2009

I ran into an old teller from my bank from over a year and a half ago. I remember she and I were pregnant at the same time and she was due about 1 month before me. I talked to her ofter and was encouraging her to stay home with her baby after she was born. She would ask me questions about my family and our life and told me she and her husband were a Christian. She and her husband had been married for a year when their baby was born. Their dream was to have many children and after our talks to have her stay home and raise those children.She told me today that 1 year ago tomorrow she woke up after a nights sleep and found her husband dead. Not sure the details of why he did not weak up but he was gone.She now has a 18 month old daughter (named by her father) Faith Nevaeh (heaven) and is struggling to work and raise her. Her sister is coming up from California for her senior year in high school and is planning to home school her final year and help her take care of the daughter so she can work.This story reminds me of how much we take for granted and for how much we have to be thankful for. In talking to her she had hope for her future and assurance that God was in control and that all things are for our good and that He will take care of them.Look at your family, husband, children and be so thankful and please PRAY for my friend Tabitha. I have given her my contact information and I hope to her from her and encourage her in the future as she has encouraged me to count my MANY blessings.Blessings to you all!Leslie

No comments: