Thursday, September 13, 2012

Elk Lake (continued)

 Here I am again! Now, you might feel like this is a lot of photos, but honestly, I took 950 photos on that trip, and so this is a very selected amount of photos, really. Once again, let the photos be my words, as they explain things a wee bit better than I do!













 We went on a miniature hike down by Devils Lake, which we call 'obsidean mountain.' It is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
 This is paradise. There is endless amount of wonder and whimsical feeling in this place. I feel like I am literally stepping into some sort of Disney Princess movie. In places like these, you can get lost in your own imagination.
 Isn't that simply spictacular? Beautiful, soft, vibrant emerald moss that swirls it's way over the cold clear stream.

 *breathless* I'm about to cry, it's all so beautiful!
 There was this "Guest Book" by the trail for people who have hiked there before, and so we wrote our name and when it asked for 'comments' ^ this^ is what Papa wrote.

 We found this spectacular knot type of thing on a felled tree. It was ginormous! Wouldn't that be the most amazing thing if we carved it out to make a bowl?

 ^ my twin.
 Uncle Travis caught this mammoth of a fish down at Hosmer Lake. It was a beauty!

 One night, while the parents were out fishing, us girls started roasting our candy. It was actually not bad. I think the hot tamales were better than the twizzlers.

 And after the candy fest, we decided to have a relaxing time at the spa.

 I love pots and pans.

 Camping?

Yep.



 Talk about a perfectly idyllic place to fly fish. Serene.




 I'm fishing! I fish! Now, noramlly all my siblings beat me at fishing. (mainly because I a.l.w.a.y.s loose my hook) But this time...that was not the case.





 Yes. There were flying fish there. How magical!


 Blood. Yummy...





 The expressions in this photo is priceless...just priceless.

What a cute photo to end with. My JQ is the cutest little peach I ever did see.

Well, that be it. I am so thankful to our Lord, and heavenly creator for blessing my family and I with this glorious memory. And for creating..creation, with such beauty and splendor, and careful, convoluted design. He is a mighty Lord, whom I love to serve!

Thank you all for reading,
-Jess

No comments: