Saturday, November 30, 2013

When life gives you the word: "special"

I don't know about all of you, but around here "special" is used quite often. Give a kid a piece of tape, and call it "special," that kid will walk around thinking he is the king of all realms.
"Look, what I have! It's tape."
"so-it's just tape."
"no. You don't understand...this tape is special."
"Why is special?"
"I don't know, but it sure is! -and no. You may not have it. This tape is mine, 'cause it's special."

You see what I mean? Even if it is just tape. Seen through the right lenses...it is truly the most remarkable thing in the world. And that is what I have before you today. A night where our family simply watches a movie. But just in case you say, "so-it's just a movie." Let me remind you- "this movie night is special."
Sure it's just a movie that we have seen 100 plus times, sure it's some disgusting microwave tv dinner, sure it's just some pop-corn. But in the eyes of little children...they just got handed a million dollars. Their world lights up, in a way I wish most adults would. Tonight, we made a theater. And it was special. To me, just as much as it was to the kids.
Here are some priceless pictures--



 This is where you buy your ticket, candy, and juice.
 -the "red" carpet leading you to the theater.
 Table 57.

 "Hello. My name is Marcus. How may I help you?"
 Levi took Alainna out.
 And, well, these two just went together. :)


 Excitement. Excitement is the word to describe these precious faces.






 "But Caitlin...this is my only penny."
Just kidding. :) You know how kids always love getting money back when they buy something? Well, we decided to give them a "penny in return." :)





Isn't life just so special?

No comments: