Saturday, February 9, 2013

The month of January twenty thirteen

The first month of this year has finally ended. In it, I have lived a very full 31 days. Below, are a few special moments, that I am extremely thankful for.   Njut! (enjoy)



Rebbecca Gieger's 21st Birthday
Mr. Gieger held a surprise birthday party for her, at the Brickhouse pub. Happy birthday, Rebbecca!



Around the house
Little things around the house that caught my eye-
Jacob knows how to hand crochet now. :) He's such a tender hearted boy.

This is a total Levi thing. I walked into the bathroom after Levi had taken a shower, and found this on the mirror. It made me laugh. He's such a funny one.
Caitlin made this "antler" thing  a couple weeks ago. I thought it was super cute, and totally fits our whole home decor.
Krulish family stays with us
Mr. Krulish came down from Tacoma with his family to preach on Sunday. They have a marvelous family! I love them so much.

 Siblings
-You just can't live without them.

All those "melt your heart" smiles, looking up at you. Goodness, I'm surprised I haven't died from them yet.
Don't you hate it when you try to take a photo of yourself with a sibling, and they look at the screen, rather than the lens. *ug*   -Just a random photo from an everyday week. Laundry in the background, slippers on the table, yep. We don't hide it. :) We're keepin' it real.
These kids...    Sometimes I don't think that there are actually words to describe them when they are all together, being kids. So for now, I'll just say irresistibly cute. I mean, look at their faces! They're so happy, and precious!
Working on the land
Nickolas..
He's more of a poser, than a worker. He'll just stand there, with all his "working gear," with a shovel around his neck, trying to look like he's a hard worker. When in reality......

....He just sits around all day, expecting everybody else to do everything for him. And always expects the "first class" seat on the quad. --what a squirt.
 Nickolas is definitely the center of attention around here.
 School
I've been responsible for schooling our three middle/oldest kids. I absolutely love it. I set everything up sort of like a 'school' and have rules, schedules, and act like the mean 'ol school marm. -just kidding.  I actually give them prizes I call "fairy brains." (Okay, don't think I'm just a complete weirdo by thinking up something like that!) They are actually mini marshmellows and I wanted to call them something a little more....'exciting' for somebody like Levi. :)


"Free range red"
We are kind of in the process of training this little feller, so he walks around in this sort of an outfit all day long. It's actually cute, I think. :)

Hobbit.
My Daddy bought this beautiful wood/bead curtian for my room. I absolutely love it! I know it's kind of hard to see what the pattern is in this photo, but can you guess what's on the front?
 I am actually taking photography classes right now, so I'm just learning how to actually use my new camera. It's this big guy. I don't know if I've made a post on it or not, but my parents, Aunt Cindy, and Grandma Koch all bought this camera for my 17th birthday in September. I about cried. No...wait...I did. Yeah, real tough of me, right? But this was my "dream thing" I was saving, and saving up for.  And they made my dream come true! I am so, so, so very much so blessed. I can't believe it. It came with another ginormous lens, a nice camera bag, and practically all the accessories. And now, I am finally learning all about it, in the on-line classes my Grandma bought for me. I am so excited. It's like a whole new world of photography is opened up to me. So many things I never knew...just thinking of the possibilities boggles my mind!

 
 We've done so much more, in the month of January, but I think it would be too long of a post. :)
So, I'll end here. With thankfulness, joyfulness, and excitement for the months to come.




No comments: