Friday, March 25, 2011

Twilight Tower of Terror

Okay, so I've come to a conclusion. I am not going to post every single photo I took in Disney Land. Why? Oh my goodness, I cannot begin to tell you how big the swamp of photos I have, that are grinning at me...waiting for me to post them. Yes, it is quite over-whelming. So, I'm just going to post about rides, and any other photo that I think would be worth while. Ahhhhh, I feel so much better now!
For Y'all to enjoy, I've posted about the Twilight zone. (Hollywood Hotel) It was probable one of the freakiest rides there...trust me, you would NOT want to see a clear photo of me while we dropped. It was pretty bad...

 It is all set up like an actual hotel...but it had more dust, spider webs, and scary people in it. To put a good face on a scary place, at least it did not have real spiders...that I could see.



 Already gettin' scared. :o)
 Havin' a good time~
 Here's what happens-
You "check in" the hotel, and they lead you to the Library. The lady tells you to step ONLY on the lightly colored tiles. (We all thought the floor was going to drop because all of the 'lightly colored tiles' were in the shape of a box in the middle of the floor. Unfortunately we were wrong. Bummer. Just imagine how much fun that would be...) Then we are shown a video of how the hotel became haunted. It all happened on a black stormy night, when five people went in the elevator, and were struck by lightning. They turned into shadowy figures, then disappeared.  After the video we were lead down this dark, musty, evil looking stair case into a basement. That was where the famous elevator was. You are waiting in front of the elevator doors, when long REAL fingers come creeping through the crack of the door, then open the door...only to reveal a scary looking woman with an evil smile. She asks- "Is this your first stay at the Hollywood Hotel?" We say yes, then she responds- "I'm sorry."
Ha, ha, ha. Not funny. We get strapped in our seats, then the elevator doors close.....
It takes us up a story or two and shows different levels, all dusty and dark. Then, the elevator doors open to another level, but this one had a massive mirror in front, to where you could see yourselves. A voice says, "Say goodbye to the real world." We all wave our hands and then the elevator was hit by lightning, and we could see ourselves in the mirror turning into the same shadowy figures like we saw in the video! Instantly we started going up again and when the elevator doors opened, we saw almost all of Disney land, wide, and open. Then it happened. We DROPPED about seven levels!!! I had my heavy backpack on the floor between my feet, and it floated above my knees!!! We dropped and lifted, then dropped and lifted, and continued to do so, until we dropped all of the way down to the first floor. SCARY!!!


 (below) Ha, ha. That gives me great comfort.


You could not take photos in the ride, because they wanted to sell their photos for $15. Not happening. I got smart and just took a photo of their photo without paying. In case you were wondering, no, they did not like me. :o) If you double click on it, you may be able to see me clinging to the sides of the elevator frozen with fear. Yep, that's me alright. Felicity looks like she is going to break down and cry, Caitlin looks like she doesn't exactly know she is being scared, and Papa looks like he is going to tear the whole place apart!
Well, if you ever go on this ride, you may not think it all that scary...depending upon who you are. If you're a boy- even if you're scared, you won't let it show. If you're a girl- You'll scream with all that is in you, and will not be in the least bit ashamed. (like me)

Have a great day you guys!
-jessica.c.koch-

No comments: