Monday, June 20, 2011

SilverStar 2011

 We had planned our annual Silverstar hike on June 18th, and rain or shine we were going to go! I am really happy we went. This was one of my most favorite, and adventure-filled hikes I've ever been on. Seriously.
Why? Well, though it rained the whole time, there were so many other things that I absolutely loved. First, there was an overabundance of lilies, and wildflowers, which I had a great time picking. Second, we got to hike in the clouds, and see all of the rocks come out of the clouds ahead of us, so it kind of looked like we were in "the Lord of the Rings" or something. Third, we got to hike in the snow with shorts on. And to tell the absolute truth I LOVED it!!! I like doing things out of the ordinary. Fourth, we met some old OPC friends up there, after it had been YEARS since we have seen each other, and what a time to meet up again, on Silverstar in the rain and snow? Amazing. Here are a few snapshots I took-
(I was not trying to be creative. It was raining, so I took my camera out for a few seconds, then put it RIGHT back in my pocket.)
 Heather and I.   - Best friends-
 Some lilies. I think they are called, yellow trout lilies.
 Hiking into the clouds-
(Don't we look like the Hobbits?)

 Traditional "Papa pointing out our course."



 There were a few parts where we had to do some serious cliff climbing.
(Just joking)

 See that pile of tarp? That's Jon. He was not very well prepared for the rain, and was really cold. He took it like a man though.



 -proof that I wore shorts, got completely soaked, and loved it.-
 Meet, the adventurous group!

Wild flowers.




What an adventure! Usually we only hike in the best conditions possible, which is always nice, but sometimes it is good to see what things look like when it rains and is stormy. Both are simply amazing. The only regret that I have, concerning the hike, is that we did not bring sleds! That's okay though, because the hike was just as fun without them.

So, what did we do when we got home? Well, we had some hot coco, then went back out in the rain to play volleyball. Might as well make a good end of it, right?

Thank the Lord, for another wonderful adventure that I can't wait to tell my future children!

No comments: