Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Clark County Fair 2011

 Just this last week my family and I went to the Clark County fair. We have gone to that fair ever since I can remember, and it's a joy to see the little ones enjoy it as much as I did. (and do!) The above photo is of Jacob, decked out in his farmer/cowboy attire. All of the boys wore cowboy boots, cowboy hats, shorts, and 'Ridgeway landscaping' T-shirts. -so neat!
 This was the creepiest part of the fair, but Caitlin insisted I post about this Tarantula. Though bone-chillingly scary, I'd have to admit that spiders are pretty amazing.
 Papa had Nickolas test some of the animals.
 Marcus and Danny.
 Nickolas had this half scared, half amused face while he was looking at the animals.
 AnnaLynn and I. <3
 These are Nemo's glasses. He was pretty proud of them. :o)
 Alainna, feeling at home in the tractor bucket.
 I couldn't resist sitting in the tractors myself! I love the feel of John Deere tractors. There is just something about them that says a "country farm."
 CUTE piggies. (Speaking of pigs, we had ours butchered that morning! And are looking forward to homegrown bacon with watering mouths.)

 The "Ridgeway landscaping cowboys."
 We ran into the VanGelders while we were there. It's so much fun to run into people you know without expecting it!
The boys, looking at animals.


What a wonderful day! Thank the LORD it didn't rain while we were there! Even though I'd enjoy the fair just as much if it were raining....I'm still happy it didn't. :o) I look forward to "Clark County fair 2012!"

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I took almost the same exact picture of the piggies at the fair!! Such a fun day with such wonderful friends!

Love,

Mrs. S :)

JessicaCynthia said...

Oh, really? Yes, those pigs looked so cute! I am glad you guys were able to come to the fair with us! It made the day twice as fun. :o) Thank you for commenting, Mrs. Seifert. I really enjoy them. :)
Love,
Jess