Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankfulness

I am SO thankful for the family that GOD has so graciously placed me in. Each and every one of my family members are so dear and close to me.
Papa- Thank you for being the strong head of the family that GOD has called you to be. Thank you for giving us children an adventure filled childhood, experiences that most children have never had, love of a father, teaching us GOD's word, and your constant encouraging smile every day. I love you Papa.
Mama- Thank you for teaching me how to best be a home-maker. Home-making is not only just cleaning, taking care of kiddos, and cooking meals. It's more than that. To make a home...a home, you need to be kind, gentle, and loving in everything. You have been a good example to me, and I pray I'll be just like you.
Caitlin- Thank you for being the encouraging older sister to me. Even though you're shorter, (smile) I do have a whole lot to look up to you for. You have a great responsibility, being the older sister, and you set a good example for those behind you. You're a good sport when I pull jokes on you, and get you into trouble. One of the best things I love about our relationship, is that, when we get in a rare fight...we always end up laughing at eachother in the end, and we don't sleep on our problems. I'm proud to have you as a sister.
Felicity- Thank you for always putting a smile on my face. You are very dear to me, Felicity. When I want to play a game, you're always up to it. When I am sick, you're always there to help me. When I'm upset, you're always there to talk it out with me. You are very understanding, and you don't mind going out of your way for someone else. I love you, Felicity.
Marcus- Thank you for your boyish energy. You are such a boy, Marcus. You will grow into a very handsome young man. Thank you for our little "wrestling" matches. You are very strong, and good at taking someone down. But I must tell you one thing...legs don't count! When you want to take someone down, you can't just drop to the ground, grab their ankles, and tug. It just isn't the way it's done. (I'm sure you'll grow out of it) You are very creative with making things. You are very much like Grandpa Koch in that area.
Alainna- Thank you for all of your help, your interest in anything I'm doing, and your energy. You have a lot of energy.  You are very kind and loving when someone is hurt, or sad. You will make an amazing mother someday!
Levi- Thank you for your huge smile, your receding hair line, and huge left ear. Without these, you wouldn't be the same 'Levi.' You have an amazing skill with catching wild animals, throwing mud right where you want it to go, (Alainna's face) and climbing trees. Always remember not to sit down when you climb trees though. You might get stuck. :) You, Alainna, and Jacob make an amazing team.
Jacob- Thank you for your potbelly, little red lips, and long blond hair. You are such a little mouse. Anything that comes out of your mouth always brings me to laughter. Your pouting lip couldn't get any bigger, but I'm sure you'll grow out of that too. :o) You are such a little ray of sunshine!
Nickolas Maximus- Thank you for your adorable facial expressions. That's where you take after me. VERY expressive. Though I can't really tell a whole lot about your personality right now, you sure are cute, and bring color into our household. Love you, little guy!

I am thankful for my family. I love everything about them.
Thank you LORD!!!

No comments: