Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Summer 2013


SUMMER:
Hair gets lighter.
Skin gets darker.
Water gets warmer.
Drinks get colder.
Music gets louder.
Nights get longer.
Life gets better. :)

My Summer has been ridiculously amazing. (as it always is...) My favorite part in the year is the later half of summer, to the early half of fall. And, what luck! We're here! Smiles all around!
This Summer, I think my highlight was hiking Green Lakes. The beauty....no camera could capture. (--and I LOVE cameras..) Other than that obvious highlight, I think the pure, simple fact of being out in nature day in and day out was a blessing. Whatever we were doing, gardening, chopping wood, catching frogs, taking photo-shoots, or swimming, I am the happiest gal on earth if I'm outside! I love the smells, the fresh air, the beauty, and splendor.
That's what I love about summer.




(above) Yeah! I drew that!
Nickolas caught a frog, and brought it to me one day. I felt bad for the poor dry, dead looking frog. It looked as if he had the frog in his hands the whole day. So I took it from him, and brought it back down to the creek and dropped it in. Immediately, Nickolas started bawling, and crying "No, Jessica! I was going to eat it!"  His big brown eyes filled with tears, and his face....-oh, that face!- was too sorrowful. So, yes. I, like a good big sister, rolled up my pants, and went sloshing around in the creek after it. My big muddy toes landed on the grass with his precious frog in hand. The boy was jumping. Jumping for joy. So we took it back up to the house and inquired the help of Caitlin to butcher the thing, so Nickolas could have his "dinner." Here are pictures of the process....




















He LOVED it. :)




































It was my birthday!!! I love birthdays. :)



My 3 favorite, (repeat: favorite) things in the world. I. Was. In. Heaven.

When three sisters get three glasses of sparkling lemonade....








This summer I bought a new bike! I can't wait to ride it along the waterfront in the evening. It's going to be heaven on earth.
Seriously.


It's even got a bottle opener!
Even though summer was a whole lot longer than this post, at least it gives you a slight idea of randomness in the summer time. :)

4 comments:

Eden said...

I am very convinced that summer went by way too fast. ;)

Great pictures! :)

Elanee said...

I loved looking at your pictures, and I absolutely love two of your three favorite things:) (Anne of Green Gables, & Odwalla) you take great pictures BTW:) thanks so much for sharing:)

Lisa said...

Such a bunch of wonderfulness you've enjoyed this summer! So glad our family could be a part of it all! :)

JessicaCynthia said...

Eden- yeah...summer definitely does not drag it's feet. :)
Elanee- Thanks for your sweet comments! I do very much love them. :) You like Anne of Green Gables and Odwalla? ---You're my friend forever. :p

Mrs. S.-
Without you guys in my Summer...I don't know how that would be. Definitely not as fun! ;) xoxxo