Friday, July 30, 2010

Elk Lake Camping Trip

On Monday, at 5:00am, my family and I, along with the Woltersdorf Family, hit the road. Where? Elk Lake, in Oregon.

This is the lake, next to Elk lake...the one we fish in. It was really beautiful. :)
 
Levi and Israel...so cute. :)

A Bird...don't ask me what it is called, that would be a question for Caitlin. :) I take the pictures. ;)
The King of Camping.
Where would we be with-out a clothes line?
Praying for the food...I absolutely adore this picture!
Jacob and I in my little, "one man" boat. ;) Jacob had an absolute blast. :p
That's a Levi Picture alright! *lol*
Awwww, he is just so cute!!! This was his very first camping trip, and he did pretty well. :)
*chuckle* Also a Levi Picture. :)
I really like this picture. It gives a calming look. 
This is a picture just before one of the Thunder and lightning storms. They were so cool. It was always sunny in the morning, into the afternoon, then in the late afternoon the dark clouds would form and there would be a thunder and lightning storm. (It was not this way last year, so it was kind of neat.:)
The crawdads were plenty as well. :) I only caught one...which was one of the very biggest I might add,  and as soon as I picked it up, I threw it at Hannah and Josiah on land...who caught it, and tada! Misson accomplished. ;)
Now this one has a funny story as well. While we were all roaming around, moving rocks, and catching craw-dads, Papa yells, "I found a Shrimp!" All heads turn, and repeat, "A SHRIMP?!?!!?"
Well, turns out it was just a "shrimp" of a crawdad, much to the disappointment of the kids. ;p
:p I love the look on their faces. :)
Eating the catch of the day...
I was brave enough to take my camera into the boat, to take some pictures. (But was not brave enough to even take my bigger camera on the trip...so all of the pictures from the camping trip, are from my older small camera.)
And thus ends the first post of the Camping trip... I took around 800 photos, and will be making a video of all of them soon...or when I have the time. ;) Stay tuned, more will be coming. :)

1 comment:

Hannah Woltersdorf said...

This was a ton of fun!! I'm glad you guys invited us *Cynthia* ;) that crawdad that you and I caught was quite the sight lol!!! thanks for posting these Jess! (Cynthia) lol, make sure you post some of the ones of Josiah!! lol!!!