Saturday, July 10, 2010

FOURTH OF JULY

Before we all headed out to the fourth (in this case, third) of July parade, I snapped this sweet picture of Levi and his best Bud, Nehemiah.

"Red, white, and blue."
Grandpa and I
The waiting for the parade to start is the worst! Thankfully I had my new camera with me, so I had a least something to do. :)
All of us Koch kids had silly string, and while the other kids...Including Papa, sprayed another, I made a cute little candy sign on the road. :)
Little JQ waiting for the parade....It is so sweet! This is the first parade that he will remember, because the last one he went to, he was still one year old. :) And Man did he have a blast!!!!
The gals...
I thought this picture looked funny...all of them reverently folding the "US flag" on the fourth of July parade. :)
Grandpa took Felicity and I for a walk before the Parade started, it was amazing how many people were there. Imagine all of Portland in a small Ridgefield town....ya, pretty packed. :)
Marcus and his buddies, watching the parade~
My Sun glasses....I thought this picture was cute. :)

Oh ya, here comes the fun stuff! My fave parts of the parade are the quads, and Mustangs. They are so cool!

That's my girl! Pink quad, yes, pink is a must, and a pink helmet. She was adorable!
Now, I don't have many pictures of the Mustangs, because I was staring, more than taking pictures...but here are a couple. ;) I LOVED this one!
Not my fave...but I still liked it mainly because it was....a mustang. du. ;p
The Tractors are another one of my fave parts of the parade. This one was massive!
The Train.
I like the horses as well...but I kinda wish they could show some huge spectacular ones some time. :) I love those. :)
Oh, I LOVED this one! The cart, lead by horses, had a banner saying, Family, Faith and Freedom, and inside a bunch of old guys played my favorite kind of music...Banjo, Guitar, and a couple other instruments. Now these guys are cool!
I also like the Scottish people. They are cool as well. ;o)

After the Parade, we had a couple families over for dinner and an amazing race game, except...it was not a race, more like a lot of competitions. :)

Here are a couple links of other pictures of the event afterwards-



Enjoy!


1 comment:

AndraLea Rose said...

Fun post, Jess! The mustangs were pretty sweet, and I like your photos of them. :) The red ones always catch my eye, particularly. The scottish bagpipes was probably my favorite part of the parade though. Thanks again to your family for being so hospitable and providing the means for a day of great fun!!