Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jessica's Date

Last night Papa took me out on a Date, to The Marrakesh, a Moroccan Restaurant. It was the coolest thing! You sit on Pillows, eat at small tables, and the funniest of all...you eat with your hands! I know, it sounds really disgusting, but they give you bread that you can, "sorta" use as utensils, and it is not too bad. All of the waiters were in full Moroccan clothing, and they decorated it as if you were in a tent in Morocco. Pretty cool stuff!
This was the ceiling, which makes you feel like your in a tent...
They did a wonderful job in decorating. When you step in from out-side, it is like stepping into a different Country, amazing!
Beautiful!
Well, now on to the meal. (Yumm) First off, they wash your hands in a bowl type thing, and pour warm water over your hands. Then you dry your hands on a towel that they give you sorta as your napkin. They serve the meal in 5 courses. The first Course was a lentil soup, which you drink like you would out of a cup.  And then they brought this Eggplant type of thing, that you eat with bread, as the Second Course.
Now this was the weirdest of all! Inside a crusty wrapping of Philo dough, was Chicken, eggs, and spices. And on the outside of it all was powdered sugar and cinnamon. Like I said, really weird, but it was so good, that I could have just eaten that as the main course!
Papa's hands got a little messy, *smile*.
Now the Fourth Course. I had Couscous Marrakesh. Which is Couscous rice, topped with seven different kinds of Vegetables, and Lamb. My, Oh, My was that good!
Papa had the "catch of the Day." (Sorry, but I forgot what kind of fish he got! But let me tell ya, it was really good!)
I could NOT finish my whole plate, as you can plainly see. :) Though it was really, really, good, there was just no way. So I had them save it for the kiddos at home. :)
Now on to the Dessert. (Fifth Course) Before you eat this course, they wash your hands again, but this time with rose water. So that your hands to not smell like the main Course, but smell sweet while you are eating your dessert. Wow- hu? They seem to think of everything here! I don't exactly know what the dessert was...but it was like a mix between vanilla ice cream, and pudding, with coconut on top. VERY good, as well. :) They served this with mint tea.
This restaurant was very enjoyable, and fun because you get to do/try different things than our normal way of eating, and such. Very different and definitely worth going to again!
(P.S. if you want to go there, make sure that you leave before 7:30pm, and if you want to know why, ask me in person. :)
The Restaurant~
And I just LOVED the door! So elegantly designed.
Well, after that we got in our Muscle Car and headed to Starbucks for a drink.
 What a wonderful night! I am so blessed to have a father such as Papa. A father who cares for me, takes care of me, protects me, loves me, spends time with me, and teaches me to be the godly woman I aught to be. I love going on dates with him, so we can talk about things, and just simply spend time together. It shows me how much he cares for me, and loves me, and makes me love him even more!

1 comment:

~Christina said...

Jessica, it looks like you and your dad had such a wonderful time! It makes me so happy to see your dad taking such wonderful care of his daughters, and spending time with them to get to know them more, encourage them, and make them smile. :) I've always wanted to try Marrakesh, maybe Jeff and I will have to go sometime! And I actually know what you are saying about the whole 7:30 thing....;) Glad you had fun!