Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mysterious attacks


For the past several days, more like a week, something had been eating our chickens, and spreading our garbage all over the parking lot. After the Fifth day, we had finally had enough and had set traps all around the Garbage area. That night, (The night of my date) I woke up by some strange screaming from out-side. I was about scarred out of my skin! After five minutes I finally turned on my lamp and woke Caitlin up, saying, "Caitlin! I think something is attacking the Chickens! Hear that screaming out-side?!?" With lazy eyes Caitlin replied, "Go get Papa." So I ran to go get Papa...(Mind you, it is 3:10am in the morning) And then he said, "It is probably something caught in the traps. You and Caitlin could go check it out if you want." I really wanted to, so I got Caitlin out of bed, and then we both tried to find a flash light. While we were looking, we got Marcus up, who loaded his new Air Riffle, and then Papa came too, with one of Grandpa's "new but never used" guns. We all crept out-side in complete darkness, save our little flash light, towards the garbage area on the side of the Garage. By the time we stepped out of the door, all of the noises had stopped, and everything was quiet. I looked over the garbage area, and then Marcus shouted, "There is a Raccoon under the quad!!!!" I looked under the quad, and sure enough there was a Coon caught in one of the traps. But as I looked, I saw another Coon! Two! I thought, we got lucky this time.
We all moved closer to the coons and then another shout went out saying, "There are THREE Raccoons!"
I was really shocked! Three Raccoons in one night?!?! Wow!
We all looked them over, with oohs, and awes, when yet another shout went out, and this time saying, "There are THREE more over there, not in a trap!!!!"
Caitlin shined the light toward the spot, and there stood the Mama of all the Raccoons. She was HUGE!!!!
...............................................
The story will be continued in person to those who want to hear.. (I don't want the ending to be open to all of the people browsing the Internet.:)
But this morning we found that the Raccoons had killed 2 chickens last night...destructive little critters! ;o)

No comments: