Thursday, January 6, 2011

THE zip line

For Christmas us kiddos received a zip line. In the box it was 90 feet long. A pretty good size...But after putting it up, we all thought it was a little too short, and thought it would be really cool if it could go all the way across the pond. So, Papa got a 230 ft. cable instead. ;p Now that is a real zip line!! It runs 30 feet above ground through our woods and across our pond. I will not go into deep detail, you all will have to see it for yourself, but trust me when I say, ''It feels like you're flying!"

 Just last night the Bradley and Koch adults went to a movie, and us kiddos watched one here. When they came back Papa took Mr.Bradley on the zip line. Mr. Bradley did not know, or see for that matter, how long the zip line was, where the trees were, and when he would have to stop. Marcus gave him his hat, which had a light on it, and Mr. Bradley pushed off! Even though he rammed into an un-seen ladder at the end, these words rang out, "That was awesome!!!"
Now, I have tried it in daylight, in the rain, but never in the dark. Once Mr. Bradley had gone twice, Papa once, and Marcus once, I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had not done the same. Yes, I tried it. I don't think you could get very many girls to do that! To tell the truth, I thought it was VERY fun, and a little less scary than in the daylight. Why? Because at night you cannot see the bottom, or how high you were. Where as, in the day you can see trees really close, and that you are high off the ground. Sound fun? Come on over!!!




 Here is a photo to show you how high it is. The handles are in the red circle. Pretty high!
 "Go Marcus!!"

2 comments:

Michael said...

That looks like fun! Hopefully you don't ever get any casualties like with the rope swing we used to have...

~Christina said...

WOW, looks like a blast! I just might have to try that out the next time we visit! ;D

Btw, I love the music you added; Jeff and I just finished watching "The Return of the King" last night, lol.