Saturday, April 7, 2012

Butchering + processing our pig

Hey Y'all. Golly, I've had a more-than-busy couple of weeks! Due to still not being fully packed for CA, and that tomorrow is Sunday, I'll have to make this post a shortie. My apologies.

Well, better get started, hu?
We just butchered one of our pigs this week, and made almost the entire thing into sausage. We had bought our own "mean" meat grinder, mixer, and packaging station. That thing is amazing!!
I'll have to let the photos speak for it's self.---Enjoy.





 First half of our pig.
 Yeah....the eyeball was still in there. Kinda discusting.
 Half a pig...half a tongue.
 Nickolas was on it's "get you" and had a gun ready to shoot the dead pig. lol. He had never seen something bloody like this before.





















 Seasoning for the breakfast sausage.
 Cutting the meat up for the meat grinder.


 Packaging station.
 238 POUNDS!!!! That's a heavy pig.

 Before and after processing the pig we cleaned the kitchen top to bottom.
 After all the work put into making the sausage, we cooked some up and put it on our homemade pizza. OMGoodness, it was heavenly!! I hope y'all could taste it someday, and see what I mean.
Once again, I am sorry for the short post. I had hoped to make a longer one on it.
Have a relaxing evening!
-JessicaCynthia.

No comments: