Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day two in California.

Day two had come and gone with so much happiness and joy! It was times like these that I wish I had a remote control and could just push 'pause' for a little while. But, I know there is a reason why there is no such thing. Life is meant to go on. There are many more memories to make, and so much more life to live glorifying God. With vacations, it's sort of a bitter-sweet kind of thing.

Anyways...I have more photos than time I'm afraid, so I'd better get started. :)

There was no 'sleeping in' on this vacation. There was too much to do! We got up 7:30am, and headed up to the concierges level for a full breakfast. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, cold cereal, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, pastries, muffins, nuts, dried fruits, cobblers, 3 different kinds of juices, Starbucks coffee, toast, bagels, English muffins, jams, and tea.


While we were eating our breakfast, we were looking out over the water, watching Navy boats go by. Life is good.




 After breakfast, Aunt Cindy bought us all Starbucks drinks, while we were waiting for the ferry to come pick us up and bring us over to Coronado Island.





 On the Ferry-






 After we arrived on the Island, we started our 1 1/2 mile walk across the Island to get to the Del Coronado Hotel on the other side. Wow- that hotel is amazing! So beautiful and full of History.
P.S. sorry for the blurry photo.

 This is a random bike I saw while we were on our way there. BAMBOO! -How cool is that?!?!
 While we were there, we came across some "Navy Seal Hopefulls" doing training. It was actually quite fun and entertaining watching them dunk in the cold water, then roll in sand, then do squats with a boat on their head, etc.







 Love this shot of Felicity.



 Papa found a fish and....
 ....put it down Caitlin's back. :P


 More "Navy Seal Hopefulls."






 Last year I actually saw a stingray in the water! I had never, ever seen a wild one before.



 My Papa really does have a good sense of humor!
 Simply relaxing at the Coronado Hotel.














 All us gals, enjoying the sun..


 We were waiting for the ferry to take us back.
This was my view while I was laying in the grass waiting with my Papa. :) ----Nice, hu?

 I, personally, wouldn't have this color on my own Jeep, but I thought this Jeep was kinda cute. :P This is my dream car- A white, Islander Jeep with really big tires. Oh yeah...

 This is that famous, massive statue that is next to the Midway. I don't really know if they named it or anything,  though.


 The beautiful Californian sun set.
 This is a really blurry photo of our hotel, the Marriott.



 After the long day and lots of walking, we retired to the concierges level for wonderful desserts. They had a sort of Chocolate mousse cake thing, and chocolate custard. You could have as much as you wanted of everything. -that was nice.

Thus ended day two of this amazing vacation. Soli Deo Gloria!



.

No comments: