Thursday, October 6, 2011

A day babysitting the Bradley kiddos-

 I had the great joy and privilege to babysit the Bradley kiddos this last Wednesday. It is so fun to try to handle the kiddos, clean the house, and cook...all at the same time! Kids are my one weakness....

 I told little cowboy to organize the pantry, and then he'd  get 3 WHOLE points! *gasp* Points are a big hit with littles... I make a chart with their names on it, and they each have a box of good and bad points. I'll tell them that they get x amount of points to do this chore and then, if they do a REALLY good job with it, then they get to pick out of "the box." ( a box with random numbers scribbled on folded pieces of paper.) Whatever number they get, is more good points. It absolutely thrills them, and, makes them all the more eager to work some more.
 Mr. Man had the job of clearing and organizing the counters. He is a REALLY big help to me!

 And, *drum roll* here is the Cowboy's handiwork! Pretty good for a 6 year old, right?
 On top of all that joyfulness, I baked a chocolate fudge cake with a layer of vanilla frosting, then another layer of fudge frosting. I also cooked some butterscotch pudding. (*sniff*  I actually burned that stuff, but the kiddos ate it anyways!) Then I baked some blueberry muffins for the next morning. In that big red bowl, is some chicken with which I made dinner. -Country fried chicken, hot mashed potatoes, country gravy, and buttery corn. -melt in my mouth deliciousness-
 Lesson learned- don't let Dylan peal potatoes. I had asked Terrel and Dylan to peal potatoes while I fried chicken, and I turn around to a half clean counter and a couple boys with a pile of peals on their heads, hands, and in their shirts....well, not really in their shirts but it was pretty close...


 I helped the kiddos make this "welcome home" sign for their mom.
 The dining room.
 I felt like a bit of decorating, but wasn't sure how I'd get any decorations. So I looked around and found empty beer bottles and stuffed the things with twigs, and branches. I wanted to get some flowers and some vibrant leaves and such, but it's the dull time of year...

 Living room. I guess it's hard to decorate another person's home, because you don't know if they'd like it. So I didn't do all that much. Just a colorful blanket over the couch, a couple candles on the coffee table, and a table cloth or two.
 Blueberry muffins!
 I asked this little fella to give me a giant smile and all he could do was twitch his mouth to the left. Then, knowing that children are usually disobedient, I told him NOT to give me an adorable smile....and what do you know? He gives me the cutest smile ever!

 He's such a cutie pie!
 -so are you PJ.
Awww, look at all those clean, good-lookin' kids! And with smiles on their faces, too!

No comments: