Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This and that of recent life

 I am more than super excited to announce that I have roofed my very first roof this last week! *cheer* I actually really liked doing it. I had a difficult time keeping the lines strait, but my wise father helped me by giving me some of his roofing tips. In the end, I was pretty satisfied with the lines.
 I did both. The short AND tall one. Yes. Yes, I did. I got over some of my fear of heights for a moment, and accomplished the job. That was definitely one of my "highlights" of the month.
 Cassandra helped us Koch gals peel, core, and slice our orchard apples last week, too. We canned a couple big batches of home-made apple sauce, then froze 8 pies worth of filling for the winter.







 Like I've said before....Music helps tremendously!
 Apple sauce!
Though the dishes from the day were more than just mounding, I thought that the cider, pie filling, and apple sauce were definitely worth it!

That's just a few snippets of what we've been up to lately.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Guess what we're doing next Monday - Wednesday? That's right. Applesauce! And maybe some pears, too. :) I would put some apple pie filling in our freezer, but Mr. S doesn't like it...why bother?

Blessings, ~Mrs. S :)

JessicaCynthia said...

Fun, fun, fun! I think that we still have to can pears too.