Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cakes. Crafts. and Creativity

 I made this Coffee cake tonight, and had a blast decorating it. (decorating it is the best part....other than licking the spoon at the end. ;p) I admit, it doesn't look that cool, or creative. I would love to do a huge Celtic design on the top with chocolate sometime. I think that is what I'm better at. :)
 Making the chocolate leaves and chocolate covered espresso beans was extremely fun and easy. I normally do this with white chocolate, because the lines on the leaves show up better, but I thought dark brown would look best on this cake. Don't you think?
 The swirly things on the sides are lame. I wish I could have have done something better than this, but it's good for now. :) (can't beat myself down too hard you know! ;p)
 Yarn, needles, and colors have been my best friend for these past few nights. I don't really get time in the day to just sit down an crochet so I do this sort of thing at night. On the bookshelf there is my latest creation. It is a lacy slouch hat I came up with. Now, for some reason, I simply CANNOT follow a single pattern for anything. So all my crocheting life, I have made up every single one on my own. It is so much fun! The only problem is- since I cannot read a pattern, I cannot write one either. Bummer, I know. So one of these days I'll just have to figure out how to do it, hu?
 COLORS!!! I have absolutely fallen in love with bright, different colors. I don't like the red in the middle, but since the Christmas Bazaar is coming up, my mother said that people will be liking that color....so, reluctantly, I bought it. (My mother actually bought most of my yarn. She is so incredibly generous and kind to me!!)
But don't you love the blue, and purple?
 *sigh* This is the long list of items I need to make for the Christmas bazaar. Slowly and surely I am making my way to the bottom of the list.
 This is a blue lacy hat I made last week. It took me around an hour and a half to make. Super easy, fast, and cute. -the way I like it. :-)
 These are some of my hand-warmers. I tried to make the green ones look knitted. Do you think it worked? I don't really look at a ton of knitted stuff closely, so I really don't know! The blue ones are children size, and lacy...to match the hat.
 *ug* One looks bigger than the other one! It's not, really. It's just that I didn't stretch out the one I JUST finished, like I did with it's mate. But, anyways- Do you like them? Does the green strap look dumb? This is the first pattern I've made up with the strap, so I'm still working out all the kinks. I also made the buttons that are on it. (explained farther down.)
 Crafts!
  I also made these flower hair pins. Cute?
 More flower hair pins, and a thank you card.


PENNY BUTTONS-

Okay, so I completely stumbled across this weird idea on accident! I made the green strap hand-warmers and I needed a cute button to go on top. Problem. First-buttons are way to expensive for comfort. Two- I didn't have any.
What I DID have was fabric that matched the hand-warmers. So I tried to brainstorm for some ideas, when...My eyes drifted to my change coconut. (located on my desk) I grabbed a penny, which I had in the plenty, and I hot glued the fabric onto it, and then I hot glued a small square of fabric onto the back. (for sewing.) Wa-la! A fabric covered penny, replacing buttons I never have! I also think that these would be cute on bobby pins, or head bands. Maybe use quarters if you want bigger ones or something.



 Keepin' it real. Being a craft-gal means that there will always be messes. Most gals don't want to show their messes, but the one over here....knows it's life, and keeps it real. ;-)
 Cards.
I just made this card tonight. It's kind of like a flower...but just weird. I love the clash of color, and the rustic look.
And...my favorite card of all. It's simple, and cute. The circles and the big "U" are all hand painted in metallic paint.
Well, that's all for now. Sorry for the shortage in posts lately. As you could probably tell from this post...I've been busy!
God bless you all,
JessicaCynthia

No comments: