Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Creative fall candle holder

 I was dying to do something creative again. I wanted to make something that said, "fall," was inexpensive, and that I had all of the supplies for. I thought of a Fall candle holder made out of sticks. All I needed was sticks, a jar, clippers, glue, and a hot glue gun. Pretty simple, right?
 Ooohh, don't mess with me! I've got landscaping clippers!!
 Plain old sticks. -love the look.
 *deep breath* I got all the supplies out, and ready for the very first stick. I must admit, I was unsure that this whole thing would turn out at all. But I just had to try.
 Yay! There it is, all done! I love the rustic, distressed look of the sticks.
 There the candle is!
 Texture. Nature. Sticks. They're all beautiful.
 I had to admit, that although it was a cool idea....it was a little plain. Yeah, and we can't go with p.l.a.i.n. now can we? Oh, no. Not that. So out comes the leaves, (fall decoration) and string.
 When I put the candle in the jar, it did exactly what I wanted it to do! Make these neat lines of light on the place it stood.
 Here it is. All finished. *cheer*
 Sorry. I just had to take a photo of my favorite thing. Grass. (I'm a landscaper, right?)
 Oooooh, in with the pumpkins! I simply fell in love with how fall-ish it looked.


The final product.

Well, for a 15 minute project, I'd say that this is better than I ever imagined. And, of course, you can do oh-so-many more things with this. You can put beads, or shells, or ribbons, or buttons, or flowers, etc. on it.

So, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. If you like it or no. If you thought up another creative way to make these or whatever you have on your mind. (trust me. I don't bite. *smile*)

Thanks for looking!

Jessicacynthia.productions

       live.love.laugh.
        c.r.e.a.t.e

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cute! I love it! ~Mrs. S. :)

JessicaCynthia said...

Thank you Mrs.Seifert!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I think it looked cool both ways.

Heather V.