Wednesday, November 2, 2011

More crafts-

 Since it's fall, and cold outside...
I've been trying to come up with different crafts. My Grandpa and I went to Fred Myers (my #1 fave store, by the way.) this morning and he bought me some....SHARPIES!!! yay! I know this is weird, but I've never had a set of sharpies before. Ever. They are sooo nice, and I look forward to using them soon. :)
 I painted this plain card with metallic paint, (my favorite paint in the whole wide world!) and put these new card accessories on it. I made around 10 of them last night. They're simply yarn, twirled up, and hot glued on a circle of card-stock. Pretty simple, and oh-so-cute. I had planned to glue a whole bunch of them on a beer bottle for a stylish vase...but I'm still working that one out. :)
 I made these at 10:00pm last night, so that's why they're not perfect. *blush*
 This is just a quick idea of what I'll be using them for in the future.
 I made this card this afternoon, and thought it turned out okay. I am still going to find a cuter way to display them, but this worked out for now.
 The fall lighting is not so great....bleh.

 NEXT PROJECT- A water jar.
Now, I think that this was kind of...well....not very creative. But that's fine. It was fun to make!
I got a plain 'ol jar and lid. then I traced the lid on some glossy decorating paper and glued it to the lid. What next? Well, you put the lid on. :)

 With a knife, I cut an 'x' in the lid.
 And, wa-la! A water jar! You can write your child's name on the top, or, even better, you could put one of Mrs. Gowing's chalkboard labels on the side. Like I said, not that creative, but fun to make. :)
 Yes...I had fun with my favorite things to take photos of. Straws. I also had fun with putting my watermark in weird places. *smile*
Well, that's it folks. There is nothing much going on over here except that my Papa just had surgery, and my Grandparents were just here for a visit. Other than that....it's been cold, and I'm inside, drinking coffee. (my one weakness.)
Hope you're having a jolly day!
-jess

No comments: