Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Back when...

 Do you ever look back through your old photos and see how marvelously the Lord has worked in your life? Every time I do, (and I try to often) I am amazed. I love my life. I love my family. And most of all, I love my Lord. He has been so merciful and kind to my family and I. Soli Deo Gloria.
"Every man's home, is his castle." -Robin Hood
That is so true! Some of my fondest memories growing up, was helping my Papa build our castle.
 I remember playing tag on these boards, and us crazy kids would run as fast as we could across them. I think the only person who ever fell was Felicity...but that was no surprise, back then. ;)
 We were such a young family!
 My wonderful Papa made sure he taught us kids how to use guns. We would tromp around in the woods shooting anything that moved. Most of the time we could only find slugs.....poor slugs.
 Alainna loved helping Papa fix the work truck...
 ....and mowing....
 ...and excavating. :)
 This was one of my favorite photos of Marcus growing up. Totally Koch, right?
 I loved our boat, too.
 *eekk!* Yes. I have helped gut a pig before. Two, actually. If you ask me to do that again, I will faint. Just joking. :)  If I had to do that again, I would just close my eyes, plug my nose, and think of bacon.



 Those long, lazy summer days...


 What a handsome guy!!!!
 O.M.Goodness. Look at that heart-melting cutie!

 The Koch family surely has been blessed these many years. Thanks be to God for his everlasting love and kindness!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love this post -- especially because our family has so many memories of you all at many of those different stages "back when." :)

Love, ~Mrs. S