Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cinnamon stick and clove candle holders

 Chelsea found this fun craft on "pintrest" and sent it to my Mother. I thought it was an amazing idea, and sort of like my other stick candle-holders...but better. :) I haven't actually seen them yet, my Mother just told me about them, and had me make one. I LOVE them!!!! I hot glued cinnamon sticks to a baby food jar, and put a cinnamon candle inside. I decided to make it just a little different, so I lined the top of the jar with whole cloves, between the cinnamon sticks and jar. It smelled fantastic! (I did that to my second one. Not the one in the photo above. :)
 I know it looks ridiculous, but on the front I had 3 cloves, and one 'all spice.' Since this was my very first one, it always looks worse than the second, or third. :)
 Papa just made this awesome mantle the other day. It looks so amazing!
 Our little corner is slowly turning into a new, cool looking fire place. Next project is the rock on the floor. -Can't wait!
(I know, the lighting is absolutely horrible!) I just thought I'd give a quick photo of what the cloves look like in the candle. It smells better than it looks!

5 comments:

Gaul Family said...

So funny you made that Jess, I saw it on Pinterest too and made one :) It looks great, good job! :)

Caitlin Koch said...

I love my talented, beautiful daughter.

Caitlin Koch said...

Jessica, the last comment was from your father, not Caitlin. I just dont know how a computer works.

JessicaCynthia said...

Aunt Vanessa-
That is so funny! I want to see it. :)


Papa-
Your comment made my heart melt. I love you so very much!

Hannah Woltersdorf said...

That is such a cool project Jess! Maybe I'll have to try it. :) We'll see. Thanks for posting it!

Love,
Han

www.hannahdorf.blogspot.com

www.hannahrebeccagw.blogspot.com