Monday, March 5, 2012

Apple pies (literally)

 I found this idea on pinterest a couple days ago. I thought that it was an absolutely fabulous idea.  It was kind of time consuming though, and I only made four, but it it was fun never-the-less. :) Just 'cause, I took photos all along the way. I hope you enjoy them!
 (above) I used a potato pealer to get the core out first, (the long metal kind) then to scrape the inside out.
 I put 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1 TBS of brown sugar in with the apples.

 Mixed it all up. -Doesn't it look scrumptious?

 I put a thin layer of pie dough over the top...
 ...then laced it over that. This was actually the very first time that I've done the lace topping. -I know. Sad. Pretty good for a first time, right?
 I put in just enough water to cover the pan, then put the apples in.
 Aluminum foil is folded over the top, and pop it in the oven for 375 for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes is up, take the foil off and put it in for another 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
 *drum roll* ta-da!
 A beautiful apple pie! It was super tasty.



 Having fun with apples...
...want one?

Well, that's a *real* apple pie for ya. I absolutely loved them, especially because you could eat the warm baked apple skin when you were done. It's a wonderful dessert for a special occasion. And, if you ever make them, you HAVE to eat them warm, and if you have vanilla ice cream on hand...that would be a good choice too. :)
Let me know if you make them.

Thanks for reading,
-JessicaCynthia.

1 comment:

HeidiGrace said...

Those look amazing! What a great idea. :)