Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My favorite things.



I am such a "candle light" girl. I love candles. A lot. And if I had my way, I'd have more candles in our house than a midnight mass. Candles here, and candles there. They would pretty much cover all of my flat surfaces. Piano, side tables, coffee table, counter, table, shelves, hutches, dressers, and any place I could think of would have, at the very minimum, one candle.  I love their delicious fragrance they give, and the fact that there are many different flavors to choose from. I love just sitting here...watching the fire flicker in the darkness. The romantic glow that they give. They're pretty, and all different and unique. You can get big ones, little ones, fat ones, round ones, square ones, tall ones, skinny ones, odd shaped ones, and the list goes on! There is just nothing boring, or un-likable found in candles. Of course, if you have a lot of little children around, you don't exactly want to have them lit, but even if they're not lit...they still look beautiful. :)
Sometimes it is the little things, like a candle, that make a house more like a home.


"You are a light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16




.

No comments: