Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crafts.

Now, I am not a very good at crafting. At. All. I just love to experiment with different things I have in the house, to create something "some what" cute. I tried doing that today. One of my ideas didn't work in the least bit. I tried to make cookie dough, and place it around a muffin pan turned upside down, then bake it...to make a cookie cup to fill with ice cream. It didn't work out very well. Problem number one- I put way too much dough on each cup, and two-they were too close together. I'll bet I could eventually make this work, but just don't feel like it right now. :)
The things that did turn out, aren't edible. *sniff* But, I think that they would be kind of cute if I had- cuter fabric, buttons, frames, punch outs, and flower making skills. Since I didn't, I just made do with what I had. :) I hope you enjoy them...and, don't hesitate to give me suggestions!


Did you know that glass is practically a dry erase board? (you probably did. I'm just kinda slow at knowing things like this.)
While I was helping kids do their schoolwork, I simply cut out a simple piece of paper, and stuck it in an old frame my Grandpa bought years ago. Now, like I said above, these are not the colors or frame I would originally pick out if I went shopping for them. It's just what I had on hand at the time. :)

I have made them into a Menu planner for this week. (since I'm on making dinners.)
And, don't worry, I have a better plan for dinners, I just wrote whatever down to give you and idea. *smiles*

 It erases SO wonderfully!
I put stripes down for the paper, so that it would be all organized and strait. ;)
 Next project-
Jewelry organizer.
 I saw an earring, and it gave me and idea. I spied a button, and it made me think. I saw a board, and I started to work.
I could have made this thing FAR cuter, but for now...it's cute enough. :) I simply got a plain 'ol board, and wrapped and hot glued fabric to it. (BTW, hot glue is by far the best thing in the world! Where would I be without hot glue? ...ummm, gooey.)
After that was accomplished, I stacked pennies and hot glued them together. Then, I hot glued them to the board, and added flowers and buttons on top. (red flower was home-made.) Gluing the ribbon was next. I had to add dots here and there in the middle, just so that it wouldn't sag when you stick your earring on there. After this, I cut out birds from scrap fabric, and glued them on there, as well as the punch outs. All that was left was the strap...and anybody knows how to add a strap to something like this. *smile*
 *lol* Pennies...they work for many more things than sitting in a change jar!
 Earrings are my one weakness. Seriously.
 There it is! I have to say, it looks much better when it is actually holding jewelry. Which is a good thing, right?
Well, that's all for now folks. I have many more ideas that I would love to try out sometime, as well. When I do, I'll make a post. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-JessicaCynthia-

No comments: