Thursday, January 26, 2012

Isaiah 58

I read the Bible at nights usually, (other than our family devotions every morning) and tonight I came across Isaiah 58. I absolutely love what it has to say here. It talks about true and false fasting, what we are called to do, and what will happen to those who do it. This is one verse I really liked in this passage that I would like to share with you, but I encourage you to just read the whole chapter yourself.

"If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."

No comments: