Friday, June 25, 2010

Over heard at the country cafe~

There is this country magazine that we used to get that had a lot of cute/funny jokes in it. So I thought I'd share a couple...

Silly Question~
A little boy asked his grandmother, "How old are you Grammy?"
"Thirty-nine and still holding," She quipped.
The boy thought for a moment, and then asked, "How old would you be if you let go?"

One-upmanship~
Three little boys were boasting about how tough they were. One said, "I'm so tough, I can wear out a pair of shoes in a week!"
Another said, "I'm tougher, I can wear out a pair of jeans in a day!"
The third little boy bragged, "I'm the toughest, I can wear out my Grandma and Grandpa in an hour."

Weather or not~
At a farmers convention, a Minnesota dairy farmer was talking about the harsh Midwestern winters, " It gets so cold that we have to put heaters under the cows before we milk them," He said.  "That's nothing," replied a Texas farmer. "In the summer, it gets so hot that we have to feed the chickens ice cubes so they don't lay hard boiled eggs."

So that is just a few... The magazine also has some stories about farmers, a lot of GREAT country photography, and some recipes,...Etc. I liked that magazine a lot. :)

No comments: