Thursday, October 14, 2010

The carving of the pumpkins

 Carving our pumpkins. -what fun!
Careful there Marcus, Those pumpkins can get pretty tough!

 This is JQ's first time carving a pumpkin, he was a little grossed out.
After helping the little boys and Alainna opening their pumpkins, I started my own.

I think Papa had just as much fun with it as us kids did! But that is good, because I love carving pumpkins with the WHOLE family.


"It's out everybody!!!"

"Now lets see if it's done cooking."
I used this thermometer for poking holes in my pumpkin....and Jacob got a hold of it, and pretended to cook his pumpkin. Silly boy.

Throughout the whole time carving our pumpkins, Levi continually asked, "Papa, when are we going to eat our pumpkins?" As he is eating away at his raw pumpkin and seeds. We had to stop him before he got sick, but apparently he thought it was good....again, silly boy.

Caitlin's carving.

The coolest, Papa's carving.

Marcus' carving.

And as they are all out there taking pictures, lighting their pumpkins, I am still inside working on mine. *ug* I messed it up so much! I must say, I am NOT skilled at carving pumpkins!

Here is my messed up side.

And my OTHER messed up side. ( I carved on both sides.)

My candle inside my pumpkin. (taken through one of the holes in the pumpkin)

And after all of that, we sat on the couch, had a nice conversation, and drank apple cider. Yummm. What an eventful and fun day! Thanks be to God.



No comments: