Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A walk in the rain

A few days ago, Monday to be exact, my Grandparents came for a visit. First, to spend time with us, and Second, to give, and help up set up, a new computer. Yippee!!! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma!!! After all the set up was done, Grandpa, Papa, and all us kiddos took a walk up our drive and down some of our roads. Grandpa has a tradition with us kids, when we go on a walk. I remember doing this with him when I was a little girl...Honking at trucks. We would either go on the bridge across the freeway and honk them, or on the side of the road. I always remember feeling so...happy when they would honk at me. A small little girl, on the top of a huge bridge, honking these massive trucks below.  -so sweet.

The little kids had an ABSOLUTE blast! But if you take a closer look at their hands, it looks like they were wanting a ride! See their thumbs? No....we are not hitch-hikers. ;o)


Awww, isn't this so sweet? Marcus is holding the hand of his younger sister, to make sure she is safe when they cross the road. Precious moments...

After the honking at the Trucks we looked at this-



-It is right down the road. Pretty neat.
Then it started to rain....
I actually like walking in the rain. I think it is really nice. Even though my hair is wet and gross looking, and my skirt is clingy...I still enjoy it. Don't you think it is calming, and refreshing? To hear the soft, "splash, splash," of the raindrops falling on the ground, and the breeze that comes with it? God sure made a miraculous world!  And I love it all, rain, or shine, cold or warm.

No comments: