Saturday, February 18, 2012

Caitlin's 18th Birthday

My older sister turned 18 this last Sunday. We kind of celebrated it the night before, though. The Mack girls kindly planned a wonderful surprise for Caitlin on Saturday night. It was such a memorable night! I took some photos and video of the evening, which you will be able to see in this link-   Caitlin's surprise birthday party

On Sunday we had the joy of hosting the Sturtevant and Berkompas families. The day was spent eating, talking, going on a walk, playing games, laughing, telling stories, and simply spending time in sweet fellowship. Here are a few photos of the eventful afternoon-







 We tried to make Brian put on the Oregon Ducks hat, but he didn't want to betray the Beavers.
 After the walk, some of us played a little bit of volleyball barefoot. I was really bad. It was like the first time I had done it in forever, so...
After volleyball we set the kiddos up with a movie, (Over the hedge) and some of us went in my room to play the name game, and "I've never." -Fun times.

 I brought my beautiful birdie out to fly around. Henery loved him. :)
 I know, my room looks really messy with all of those people on the floor. But, really, it wasn't! (just don't lift up Felicity's blanket over her lumpy bed. :) )
 Heidi--always in the hammock. *grin*
 My photos are a bit mixed up here...but this is when we all went on a walk.
I told Brain to lay in the middle of the road, and he obeyed. :) I could have gotten better angles and stuff...but it was on the road, so I only spent 5 seconds on it. :) -Didn't want to kill him you know.




Thus ended the Lords day, and Caitlin's 18th Birthday. May this new year in her life be blessed with many good things, as she gives all glory and praise to her Lord and Savior. Praise be to God for blessing our family with such a gift as Caitlin.

No comments: