Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cute barn cake

I have been making SO many cakes this week. I've make a total of 5 cakes just within the last three days. I make 3 today, and 2 on Thursday. All of which are for Levi's birthday parties. He had a Birthday party on Thursday with the Gauls and Bradleys, and I wanted to make a 'special' cake for him. This is what I ended up with-
 I taped paper to the back of a cutting board, then covered it with plastic wrap.
 Then I make a whole bunch of little guys like this-   (above) A little chick.
 -A cow.

(I know, I know. The cow looks nothing like a real cow. I would have used black licorice circles instead, but...I didn't have any. BTW, do you like the grass he is eating? lol)
 -A little piggie.
 -A sheep.

 And then it all assembled! Yeah, it's kinda a crowded farm yard, hu?
 And,  just to let you know, the yellow stuff on the chick, is NOT cheese!!!! My cousin Cassandra walked in while I was making them, and thought I had put cheese on it. *yuck* ---It's colored coconut. :)



 -The birthday boy! Now going on SIX!!!
 Yeah, we do the "red neck" birthday candles. Gotta love it!
 The barn is on fire!
Happy birthday my little Levi. (It's tomorrow.)

Then, today I make a barn cake *twice* as big, with twice as many animals. The barn looks more like...well, a barn, and I added a horse cupcake. (the horse cupcake is covered with rolled out caramel, then a big nose is made with a caramel as well. Doesn't quite look like a horse either, but it works.)

I also made another lemon cake with homemade lemon-butter frosting, and homemade lemon pie filling. -Can't wait to see how it all turns out. I'll (hopefully) make a post of it next week.

I'd like to know what you all think of it. Any ideas, or comments?
Thanks.
-Jessica

No comments: