Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My favorite things.

 One of my very favorite things is construction. I've been doing quite a bit of that lately, with my Papa. First, he and I went to set 14 posts in concrete at a job site, then the next day, I peeled off all of the flooring in our bathroom. This is just a little wee bit of what I've done in my life. The biggest and most exciting construction job I've done with my family, was build our house. There are so many memories built into every wall, floor, ceiling, and foundation. It's hard work, yes. But it is twice as "accomplish feeling" in the end. You've actually created something with your hands. How fulfilling is that? So satisfying.

 Building our house was one of the greatest accomplishments of my family's history.


 I remember playing tag on those boards. We would *run* as fast as we possibly could across those things with bare feet. We never fell.   ---Crazy kids, I know. *smiles*
Even though, now, we aren't doing such big things as that, I still enjoy little things like this-



Do you have those work pants that you've had for like, forever? Yeah, I love mine. Because with every smudge of paint, bleach, or rip, there is a memory. I like to look at each one thinking of what I did to get that. For this job, I got a new rip. I think it's kinda cool actually. An interesting shape.
Construction has been built into my blood, and I absolutely love it. <3



----My apologies for skipping last weeks "favorite things." That was the very first time I skipped. Do you think these are interesting enough to continue? (Please let me know!!)


Thanks for reading!
-JessicaCynthia

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I, for one, like your favorite things posts and hope you continue. :) Love the new header, Jess!

~Mrs. S :)