Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cooking...cleaning...FUN!

I took a whole bunch of pictures of me making the cookie dough, but I did not like it, it was too sweet, but here is one of my creations I made with it. :-)
SURPRISE! WE RE-ARRANGED YOUR HOUSE!!
Papa and Mama always work out in the morning, and we usually clean and do school work untill they get back. Well, this time, I was cleaning the living room and saw a whole lot of toys under the couch. "Well," I thought, "I might as well now, so it does not get worse." (And to be thorough) So I move the couch over to the ledge, and clean it out. Well, I looked at the couch there and thought it looked really nice, so I moved the coffe tables and rug, and the whole 9 yards...with the help of Caitlin, who just got up from feeding the animals. Then this whole thing turned into candles, dimmer lights, music, kids sitting at the table doing school QUIETLY, and everything spotless. Here are some pictures-
Kitchen, sorry about the blurry lights.
What is missing?
There it is! (don't ask me, because i have NO idea what those bubbles are doing there!)
Spic and span!

So, what did we have for dinner? well, I had planned Hot and sweet chicken thighs, and papa said, "Umm, I don't think I like that so much." So we both dug around in the kitchen to find what to make thighs with, (since they were already thawed) so Papa finds this slow cooker packet, Butter, and Blackened grill pepper. (not sure if I said the pepper right) We sprinkled the packet on the chicken and then poured the melted butter around it. When that was done we sprinkled the special pepper on top, and put it in the oven for an hour and a half, then broiled it for 5 minutes. it came out SO good! the skin was nice and crispy, FULL of flavor, and the inside was cooked with butter. Oh, SO good! Papa has a special skill for cooking, no doubt!

~Jessica

No comments: